Would you like a new full-time career working behind-the-scenes with the British Fireworks Champion of Champions?
We’re recruiting for a new full-time position within our storage and display department, a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to start a career in fireworks.
As a fireworks technician, you’ll be working as part of our multi-site display and storage operation. This requires a hard-working, multi-skilled individual who is just as at home sat at a computer preparing files and updating records as they are preparing pyrotechnics and equipment and setting up firework displays on client sites. Every day could be different – one week you may be preparing shows down at our explosives magazines (stores), another week you could be at a TV studio, on a barge or firing a show in a celebrity back garden!
We’re looking for someone with a good work ethic and a natural ability for leadership and supervision. The right individual will have the opportunity to be promoted to senior technician and outstanding candidates that over time are able to demonstrate the complete set of skills including strong leadership could potentially become display manager further down the line.
We’re really looking for a good, all-rounder with a broad skill set. The job involves picking and preparing (fusing) fireworks, selecting and maintaining equipment, setting up firework displays, performing displays, operating firing systems, unloading deliveries, site maintenance, client site visits and preparation of risk assessments, liaison with firing crews and despatching displays, display file preparation and computer records maintenance and occasional cover in our specialist fireworks shop. Full training will be provided.
The job involves quite a bit of travel as we operate right across the UK and overseas and we operate from a number of locations across the UK and you may be required to temporarily work at or visit any of them. Our main stores and offices are based in Bracknell and Reading and this will be your main place of work. You’ll be driving our vans as part of your job.
Your normal hours will be 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday, with approximately one weekend shift per month in our Bracknell shop, but the nature of fireworks is we often work in the evening, and occasionally jobs have to be rigged overnight, so you may be required to work at any hour of the day including on weekends, as the jobs demands.
- Drive company insured vehicles on an occasional basis if required (cars and vans only) Will be required to hold a clean full UK Driving Licence.
- Some Experience in warehouse work ideally.
- Job requires a certain amount of heavy lifting, so applicant should be fit and strong.
- Ability to operate both Mechanical & IT Systems – Good IT Skills, Able to prepare spreadsheets and word documents as required, Forklift Licence would be preferred (or training will be provided).
- Able to maintain display crew records, customer contacts preparing paperwork for display folder provision.
- Liaising with display crew, suppliers and customers when required.
- Able to work on their own unsupervised, and follow instructions as set out by the Display Manager.
- Be able to assist and eventually prepare professional displays both in the busy November season and out of season.
- Supervise and provisionally train temporary staff working from Swallowfield as and when the display manager is not around.
- Be flexible to work all hours when required including weekends and certainly weekends around the 5th of November.
- Able to eventually be able to team lead and operate displays (full training will be supplied).
- Able to deal with customers face to face and carry out site Inspections for potential new business.
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation (training to be provided).
Key Skills Required
- Good teamworking skills
- Managerial skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Logical reasoning
- Numerical skills
- Technical skills
- IT skills
Starting salary is £15k-£20k depending on experience, with good opportunities for career progression in the future.
If you are interested in joining us, then please click on the link below and fill out our online application form. Good luck!
Closing Date: 10th July 2016